Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Peace, Day 3

Life Lessons
 
"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."  These words, by Helen Keller, have been on my mind lately.  This period of transition which my family embarked upon in July is taking longer than expected.  There are certain areas of these circumstances where I already feel settled, but still there are other areas where I am not sure when or even if I will find resolve.
Over the course of the past five years, I have learned that there is meaning in everything.  I have been able to find the larger purpose in deployments, in instances that didn’t go the way we had hoped they would, and even in the people who crossed our path.   All of these things which happened in my life were little lessons which helped to shape my perspective on life, and continue to do so today.  Sometimes the lessons were easy, and sometimes they were extremely difficult.  But either way, by living through them I have been able to understanding in why they were meant for me.
Right now as I continue to struggle with finding the meaning of our current situation, I try to remind myself that I am in the middle of a lesson. Just as a child’s school lessons become longer and more difficult the older they get, so will be my lessons the further along I travel on my path.  The lesson I am learning right now may be long and difficult, but I find peace in knowing that when I complete the assignment, its meaning will be unveiled and I will understand. 


Click here to view all posts in the 31 Days of Peace series.

Click her to read what others are writing about for 31 days.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to this! You may not see the reason right now, but the best lessons are the hardest to decipher. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete