Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Peace, Day 10

 
When There's Not Much to Say
 
Today has been one of my more difficult days. That’s why it has taken me so long to write today’s post. I started off with too little sleep because I just couldn’t fall asleep last night. Some people can do okay after a bad night’s sleep, but I am not one of them. An attempt to go back to bed once my daughter went to school backfired because it was continually interrupted by my three-year old son and when I finally decided I’d just get up for the day, at nearly 10:00, I had a headache because I still hadn’t had the coffee I usually drink as soon as I wake up.
By the time I finally got my caffeine fix and was ready to get my errands accomplished, it was already 12:00. I was usually getting home from running errands by that time. So the little guy and I set out to Walmart, of all places to go when I’m already behind in my day! I got what I needed, of course not without much bribing the boy with a matchbox car and Mickey-Mouse shaped cheese, but when I was checking out there was an issue with one of my coupons which took about 20 minutes for the cashier to figure out. I don’t think I need to explain how my preschooler was acting by this time. Let’s just say he was more than ready to leave.  So was I.
Needless to say, I only accomplished one of my three errands because of that Walmart trip. Clay and I were hungry so we needed to get home for lunch, plus any energy I was able to muster up from my coffee was completely drained. And to top it all off, Clay’s lack of exercise this morning due to my attempt to sleep left him with extra energy which he used to find all the ways he could get into what he wasn’t supposed to.
Sure, he's cute, but the monster was out in full force today!

 I have been putting off writing this post for most of the day because, frankly, I just didn’t feel peaceful and was having trouble trying to figure out what I could say. But then when I was putting the dishes away, something popped into my head which reminded me how to handle days like this. It’s a quote which says, “Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.” (John Wooden) So I had a slow morning. One unaccomplished morning here and there doesn’t hurt. So the trip to Walmart took longer than expected and I missed out on finishing the rest of my errands. I can do them another time. So I’m tired. I can try for sleep again tonight. Things didn’t work out the best for me today, but at least I have the choice to make the most of the way they did work out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment