Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days of Peace, Day 16


Why a Zip Code Means Nothing
If anyone were to go through my blog posts from the past two months, an obvious trend would be found. Since our move, I have not hidden the fact that I miss our North Carolina home, the small-town feel, the quaint street we lived on, and knowing that I had friends closely surrounding me. Reminiscing about the times spent in that house, though happy, inflict a sense of grief within my heart. 
Growing up in NC

 
Our new place doesn’t impose the same feelings of comfort upon me, at least not yet. Our time here is still young, and I try my best to take it for what it is. After all, all of those great things about our last place occurred over the course of five years.

Today as I basked at the beauty of the ever-changing leaves, pondering how these gorgeous trees are one more thing to add to the growing list of favorites I have about our new place, I had an epiphany. I realized that it really doesn’t matter where I live. In the grand scheme of things, my zip code means nothing. What truly matters is that I’m somewhere on the map.
Source
I’m here in this world and my family is with me. No matter where my location might be, I am home on God’s beautiful earth. My family and friends may be far away, but we share the same land. My current area may not be my favorite, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t just as many magnificent qualities as the last place. I have great memories of the past, but my mind does not remain in the past. It is continuously with me, allowing me the opportunity to create new memories wherever I go.

With this realization, my heart has found a little more peace. No matter where my feet may step, I am already home.    

Click here to view all posts in the 31 Days of Peace series.
Click here to read what others are writing about for 31 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment