By practicing gratitude, we can avoid taking life for granted. When we allow ourselves to recognize the appreciation we have for the people and things in our lives, our anxieties will start to lessen and we will begin to feel more content. This is why I have decided to start a weekly gratitude link-up on my blog called Thankful Thursdays. Every Thursday, I will write ten things I am feeling thankful for that week. I invite you to post what you are thankful for, either through the comments section or by linking up to the Thankful Thursdays post on your own blog. There’s no need to feel silly or guilty about what you post. Gratitude can be shown for something simple like finding the perfect pair of shoes to something big like the friend who happened to call when you needed someone to talk to. Be honest, and speak from your heart. Let’s see how good being gracious can make us feel!
This week, I am thankful for:
1. Cooler weather. The heat makes me very irritable!
2. My husband is finally home for fall. Here's to football and spiked cider!
3. The new friends I have met in the past two months.
4. The old friends who are only a phone call or text away.
5. The support and positive reinforcement my readers have given me on my writing.
6. A husband who still loves me when I am overtired and overreact to life’s challenges.
7. The opportunity to be a military wife. It has opened my eyes and humbled me to so many things!
8. Healthy kids. They may drive me crazy, but at least they're healthy!
9. All-day kindergarten.
10. Coffee. I'm not sure what I would do without it!
Now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for in this first week of fall? Follow the link below to link up to your blog post, or simply write in the comments section.