Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days of Peace, Day 12


Happy Friday
Last year when the husband was deployed, I hated Fridays. The daytimes weren’t so bad, but the closer it got to Friday evening the more I despised it. Friday nights were supposed to be a celebration of the end of the workweek. They were supposed to mean pizza night or watching a movie together after the kids went to bed. They were supposed to mean excitement for the upcoming weekend.
But during deployments, Friday evenings were nothing out of the ordinary from every other evening. I didn’t look forward to the weekend because that was when my friends’ non-deployed husbands were home from work and I knew they would be spending family time together. I hesitated to interrupt anyone else’s family time because I knew how precious it was for them. On top of that, the kids were home from preschool on the weekends, which meant no break for me.
But now, I again find peace in Fridays. I have someone to watch a movie with and to make plans for the weekend. We play family games and let the kids stay up just a little bit longer. I look forward to the freedom of no school on the weekend and our ability to do whatever it is we want to do.
 
Tonight we are going to celebrate Friday with pizza and games. Tonight we are going to celebrate being together as a family.
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment