Sunday, April 22, 2012

About this Blog

As military wives, we have been given an amazing and unique opportunity to grow in ways that are beyond comprehension to some people.  We have married into a life that forces us to be flexible and take on more tasks than we ever thought we'd have to carry.  At some point or another, we are all faced with many of the same trials as our husbands deploy, relocate, and take on demanding positions that lend them little family time.  But we keep going, we keep dealing with the difficult times because we know that just as our nation needs its soldiers, our soldiers need their spouses.  In order for them to stay strong, we need to stay strong.  I imagine that all military wives gain a little more strength each and every day. 

It is easy to become frustrated with living the military live.  The amount of play it has on our emotions can seem almost cruel sometimes, but despite the difficulties, there are so many great aspects of military life which we need to embrace as much as possible.  Throughout the three deployments my husband and I have survived thus far, I have learned that being a military wife is a gift that has been handed to me by something greater than I can comprehend.  For me, that something greater is God.  He chose this life for me for reasons that I may not yet be able to see, but I do know that it is a gift that is continually forming me into the person I am meant to be.  I believe this is true for all military wives.  We were placed in this position because God knows we can handle it.  He knows we have the strength to do it, even if we don't always think so.  One of my favorite verses is James 1:2-3: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverence."  As a military wife, our faith is tested constantly.  Our faith in the military, our faith in our circumstances, our faith in what is unknown, and our faith in God.  But somehow we stay strong, we hold on when we are at the end of our ropes, and we get through the tough times.  We have been given a gift that enables us to develop the inner workings of our souls.  We have been given a gift that allows us a chance to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment