Monday, May 21, 2012

Words to Ponder


I am short on time on this beautiful Monday morning, but I still want to leave you with something to think about today and all your days ahead.  This is one of my favorite quotes and it has applied to my life in so many ways.  The first time I read it was after my husband deployed for the second time when I was desperately missing all the happy memories from the five months he had been home.  I hated that they were gone.  I came back to it after my grandfather passed away and I was grieving the loss of not only him but the remarkable life that he and my grandmother had together.  No matter how sad I might be, this quote never fails to pick me up and get me moving again.  It tells me that everything is going to be okay.  It reminds me that the past is already gone, but the present is where I will find new hope.  Please read these words and think about them in your own life.  Write them down and come back to them every now and then.  Let them into your heart and follow where they lead you.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." 
-Helen Keller 



No comments:

Post a Comment