Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


'Tis the week to be extra Thankful! I love this holiday. Every year seems to hold more things for which to be thankful. This past year has been one of change for our family. Everything I had grown accustomed to over the course of four and a half years came to an end as we moved our family to a new place. It took some time, but I finally feel I can call this new place home. And I owe it all to you.

This year, I am particularly thankful for all the people, whether I have known them for just a few weeks or my entire life, who have placed a stamp on my heart. Many of you don’t even know it, but your words or actions have somehow helped me get through a difficult time. Each one of you matter to me more than you know. You have taught me, influenced me, or simply made me feel like I belong. For all these things, I thank you.

To my girls from North Carolina who check up on me, whether by text or Facebook or a phone call, thank you.

To the EWS wives who come up to me and say hello, even if they don’t remember my name, thank you.

To a new friend, who invites us to her kids’ birthday parties and asks me to go shopping, thank you.

To another new friend, who arranges time in her schedule to have coffee with me, thank you.

To the military wives who continue to follow my blog and comment when you feel compelled to do so, thank you.

To everyone else who reads my blog and encourages me to keep going, thank you.

To long distance friends, who I may not talk to very often but are still just as good of friends as ever, thank you.

To my husband, who loves me unconditionally (and I provide him ample conditions!!), thank you.

To family, who give unconditional love, support, and respect, thank you.

To my Facebook friends, who show their love with likes and comments, thank you.

To you, who are reading this, thank you.

May your Thanksgiving not only leave you feeling gracious for the blessings in your life, but also appreciated by those who know you, because there is no doubt that you are in some way making a difference in their lives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. You are always so well worded with your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Lisa, thank YOU for all you do for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we Thank YOU for being such a special part of our lives!

    ReplyDelete